#MyTealStory Food Allergy Awareness Week

Spending the last week reflecting on my son’s food allergy and how to spread awareness was such a great opportunity. I really appreciate FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education) and its food allergy awareness week. I also appreciate Turn It Teal and the incredible work it did to light up the world in teal. Inspired by both, I launched … More #MyTealStory Food Allergy Awareness Week

Kellogg’s Potentially Deadly Decision

S’mores. Rice Krispie treat. Carmel apple. Plain chocolates. Those are just a few food items that have killed people with peanut allergies. What do you notice about them? None of them appear to have peanuts. This is exactly why I’m worried about Kellogg’s decision to add peanut flour to its Keebler and Austin’s crackers. The above examples that have resulted in … More Kellogg’s Potentially Deadly Decision

What Teal Love Means to this Food Allergy Family

Being a food allergy mom is tough. You’re always worried your child’s going to have that anaphylactic reaction. You’re darting peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and M&M’s everywhere you go (while explaining to your preschooler they may look good, but they’re not safe). To make matters worse – when you talk about your child’s medical condition with … More What Teal Love Means to this Food Allergy Family

Top 30+ Non-Food, Allergy-Safe Valentine’s Day Cards

There’s nothing more terrifying for an allergy mom than something like Valentine’s Day. All of the kids in a class bringing who knows what (with who knows what inside it) to share with their classmates. In the food allergy world, we like to push for no food in the classroom. I couldn’t find a comprehensive list of … More Top 30+ Non-Food, Allergy-Safe Valentine’s Day Cards

A Conversation’s Not Enough: Protecting Kids From an Accidental Overdose

Before I had kids I stood outside of a courthouse with a mom who was grieving for her own son. That mom lost her toddler to an accidental overdose. The boy’s dad was just taken away handcuffed for the death. He was the one who left the Benadryl on the counter. The same Benadryl that little … More A Conversation’s Not Enough: Protecting Kids From an Accidental Overdose